The Application of General Principles of Law Common to All Nations and the Use of
Subsidiary Sources By International Tribunals
- 1 H. Lauterpacht, International Law: Collected Papers 68-77 (E. Lauterpacht, ed. 1970).
- I. Brownlie, Principles of International Law 15-20 (3d ed. 1979).
- Restatement (Third) of the Foreign Relations Law of the U.S., §102, Comment l &
Reporters' Note 7 (1986).
- Tunkin, International Law in the International System, 147 Recueil des Cours 98-106
- Virally, Sources of International Law, in Manual of Public International Law 116, 143-48
(M. Sørensen ed. 1968).
- Akehurst, The Application of General Principles of Law by The Court of Justice of the
European Communities 52 Brit. Y.B. of Int'l L. 29-51 (1981).
- Cheng, General Principles of Law as Applied by International Courts and Tribunals 1-26
- Summary of the South West Africa Cases from the I.C.J. Yearbook.
- South West Africa Cases (Ethiopia v. S. Africa; Liberia v. S. Africa), 1966 I.C.J. 6, 294-301.